By Cindy Tham
I was looking for a sleek but special ponytail hairstyle to wear at a friend’s wedding dinner when I stumbled upon Taylor Swift’s braided ponytail.
Taylor looked amazing and so effortlessly put together with this clean and absolutely adorable hairstyle with a twist at the recent American Music Awards. And, believe it or not, it’s easy to copy!
- Give your hair a good brush to one side, and divide into 2 sections.
- I like to twist the back section over the front section once to make sure my shorter layers are neatly tucked in.
- Grab a thin lock of hair from under the back section and wrap this “winding lock” over and around the front section, then under and around the back section.
- Repeat looping the “winding lock” in a figure of 8 manner.
- Tuck and secure the ends of the “winding lock” underneath with hairpins.
- Fix with hairspray. I use some hairspray on my fingers to smooth and neaten any flyaway or loose strands. I prefer to leave my bangs down. And voila! Done in 10 minutes.
I found this hair tutorial by LuxyHair really helpful and easy to follow. Enjoy!
Please let me know how it went for you if you try this.